tirsdag 9. april 2013

Cornelis revisited!


After I’d written about Cornelis Vreeswijk, I realized what had happened – I’d forgotten live videos! 

This is an audio recording from a TV programme in 1987 of “Balladen om herr Fredrik Åkare och den söta fröken Cecilia Lind” (The ballad about Mr. Fredrik Åkare and the sweet Miss Cecilia Lind) (Swedish text by Cornelis, melody from an English folk song) with Cornelis and the Swedish singer Pernilla Wahlgren:

 

The next video is 57 minutes with Cornelis and the group “Tre Damer” (Three Ladies) in Stockholm in 1978.  The beautiful “Dansen på Sunnanö” (The dance at Sunnanö) by the Swedish Evert Taube (1890-1976) starts after 50:15.  “Deirdres samba” (Deirdre’s samba) (by the Brazilian Chico Buarque, Swedish text by Cornelis) from 4:40 has a fine rhythm.      



This video reminds me of a video I’d planned to include in my next post (around May 1) (and I will), but, of course, it must be here, too!



This video is 59 minutes with the American soul singer Al Green from Chicago in 1978.  As in the Cornelis video, my two favourite parts have great beauty (“Dream” by Al Green, Fred Jordan and Reuben Fairfax, Jr., from 43:30) and great rhythm (“Love and Happiness” by Al Green and Teenie Hodges, from 47:10), respectively.  My respect for Al Green has become boundless.      

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar